- Value - Make sure that your price is reasonable compared to the services you offer (number of beds, location, number of persons allowed). Make sure to update your pricing regularly. For instance, if you don't have that many bookings, consider dropping your price for a week and see how it goes. Whenever you update your price, it will also help if you update your listing availability as it will make your listing go up the search rank.
- .Awesome shot - Be aware of this! This one is the most important things in getting a booking. If you don't get enough booking, make sure to ask for feedback your current photos. Remember to use a good camera and if needed engage a professional!
- Play with your listing description - You need to ask yourself some questions at this stage! does your listing title look great? How about your profile picture? Make sure you use correct grammar and keep your description short.
- Research your neighborhood - Where is the nearest laundry shop, spa, mall, restaurant, bank, hospital, pharmacy, and etc...? You also need to check how far your guest have to travel from your place to any landmarks. These useful pieces of information will help you stand on the top host list.
- Think about your pricing and be competitive - Know who are the people that are also offering the same services (same neighborhood, same number of room/bed) as you are. How much are they charging, how well are they doing hosting? Also, how will you know the price for your home? Compared to other listing, are you charging more or much less? Use this helpful app called Vayoo App as it’s easy to use and it’s free.
- Promote your listing - Airbnb is like a game. Advertise your listing by posting your link to your social media account, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and in your website if you have. Don't forget to ask your friends or family members to share it on their social network accounts.
- Complete appliances and kitchen utensils - You have to clearly list what you have in your house to provide for the guest. For instance, Fridge, Fan, TV, Cooker, etc.…
- Amenities - Highlight this! Do you have a pool? Kids playground or a nice lobby? If you don't, you can also suggest for your guest to go other places nearby your house.
- Business ready - To make your potential guests who are traveling for business want to book your listing, you have to declare your units as business ready if your listing has smoke alarm, Wi-Fi, and other features that you may have.
- Engage those who are inquiring - There are guests who are interested to book but don’t use instant booking because they want to know more about your place. They want to know if you can provide the things that are important to them.
- Give the first timers a shot - Airbnb is getting more popular hence more and more people are starting to try this option. So, it means you will have a lot of first timer guests, those who never used Airbnb before will be inquiring and wanting to stay in your place. It will be alot work since sometimes you need to guide them how to book a reservation, how to use Airbnb and just the basics of how Airbnb works. It can also be scary and you don’t have any references likes reviews that will tell you that they are trustworthy and will not take advantage of your home. If you don’t feel comfortable with first timers, try to chat with them and give a little more trust.
Through this your booking will surely go up!
Source: Traveling Blog